August 19, 2012
It's been one year since I took my first Flying Lesson and I don't mean in a plane. This was an online
e-course geared to make your creative business fly, taught by artist, author and possibilitarian,
I took this class because I wanted to make my dreams come true and if anybody could show me how, I knew Kelly Rae could. I not only learned how to start my creative business but I also became part of a loving community of supportive artists who still continue to encourage long after the course has finished. Now, it's a year later and we're celebrating our successes in a special way. We've decided to show our gratitude by offering a draw for some free seats in Kelly's final class!
I know, final, that's so, final.
Click on the Giving Flight badge to enter your name in a draw for a chance to buckle up and fly with Kelly Rae Roberts!
And don't forget to check out more terrific resources on
this great new website by fellow fliers Lori and Ursula.
Thanks to Flying Lessons and the wonderful people I've met because of it,
my little business, Rare Rabbits Designs is continually evolving! Here are some of the things happening now. Bunnies, books, photography and illustrations.
Sharing is fun!
My first children's novel, Tale of the Black Mamba with cover art by me and published by my own publishing house, Rare Rabbits Press.
Practicing photography at Crescent Beach.
New Halloween illustration called, Esmeralda and the Spooky Boo.
Pencil crayon work in progress of Esmeralda and the Spooky Boo. I'm gettin' there!
Please take a peek at some fascinating blogs by my fellow fliers on our
Fly Tribe Blog Hop!
- Janet Forrest http://www.tatterednworn.wordpress.com
- Cat Athena Louise http://www.catathenalouise.com
- Stacey Bockness Curry http://starhitchedwagon.blogspot.com/
- Kris Lanae Binsfeld http://cherishdesigns.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/giving-flight-giving-back/
- Renee Burke http://happilyeverafterbyreneeburke.wordpress.com
- Mary Sterk http://www.justmarydesigns.com
- Michelle Reynolds http://www.shellsinthebush.com
- Constance Rawlins http://livingwithinyourharvest.com/2012/08/19/fly-tribe-anniversary/
- Kelly Hoernig http://www.kellyhoernig.blogspot.com
- Cindy Jones Lantier http://www.lantier.org/2012/08/the-gift-of-giving/
- Kathleen Conard http://newfromoldcreations.blogspot.com/2012/08/giving-back.html
- Claudia Dow http://www.claudiadow.blogspot.com
- Susan M. Walls-Beverly http://susanscharmingtrinkets.blogspot.com/2012/08/flying-lessons-and-art-of-giving-back.html
- Linda Barutha http://lindabaruthadesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/giving-back.html
- Linda Kinnaman http://lindakaysart.com/blog/2012/08/19/my-dream-journey-one-year-now/
- Cheryl Dossey http://www.cheryldossey.com/
- Sofia Dabalsa http://sofiadabalsa.blogspot.com
- Jill Lambert http://jill-lambert.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-spirit-of-giving.html
- Sally Rose http://sallyhow2.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-gift-of-flight.html
- Ursula Smith http://EasyScraps.com/blog
- Deborah Eaton http://www.deborahgeaton.com/blog/
- Lori Leissner http://www.leissnerart.com/2012/08/giving-thanks-giving-back-giving-flight.html
- Creative Clearinghouse http://creativeclearinghouse.com/Online-Class-Reviews/blog/Ursula-Creative-Clearinghouse
- Lenore Angela http://www.lenoreangela.blogspot.ca/
- Katharina Star http://www.blog.katharinastar.com
- Rachél Payne http://wp.me/pWRyw-10P
- Sherry Richert Belul http://www.simplycelebrate.net/cherry-blossom-soup/gifts
- Deborah Velasquez http://deborahvelasquez.blogspot.com/
- Shannon Etnyre http://www.livingwithumami.com
- Live Laugh Love Retreats http://livelaughloveretreats.com
- Kelley Miller Artworks http://kelleymillerartworks.blogspot.com/
- Wini Dougall http://artloveandjoy.blogspot.com
- Carol Bray http://theredpaintedcottage.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-spirit-of-giving-back-by-giving.html
- Tracy Yarbrough http://chickpeastudio.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-spirit-of-giving.html
- Diane Enright http://dianeenrightphotography.wordpress.com/
- Jamie Burch http://www.dancingdownserendipitystreet.blogspot.com/
- Mary Cottingham http://www.barnbugstudio.blogspot.com
- Susan Dietz http://flutterbeforeyou.blogspot.com
- Lori Moon Studio http://lorimoonstudio.blogspot.com/2012/08/fly-tribe-blog-hop-giving-back.html
- Kim Hyer http://www.apaperaddict.com
- Tina Carlborg http://www.tinachicky.blogspot.com
- Catherine Pistone http://catherinepistone.blogspot.com/
- Mary MacIlvain http://maryart.macilvain.com/
- Carolyn Chenault http://carolynchenault.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/the-big-giveaway
August 15, 2012
Packed a lunch and went to Golden Ears Park today.
Walking the Lower Falls trail. It was so lovely and cool in the forest.
I suddenly realized all the massive stumps in the woods. David told me 150 years ago the loggers used to pound boards into the trunks and stand on them to chop down these beautiful giants.
A peek at the river from the trail.
Clare in the corner contemplating a swim.
Further on through the forest the boulders get bigger.
She made it!
We're getting closer!
Now who's contemplating?
Clare falling in the water trying to follow David.
Hmmm... somehow I thought they'd be bigger.
Still higher up, another green pool just before it goes over the edge.
Clare says, "Been there, done that. Lets go home."
August 4, 2012
Just finished a new bunny named Remy Rabbit with her watermelon inspired dress who loves cake, and it doesn't have to be carrot.
Learning to make this darling fimo dessert from a tutorial by miniature food artist, Betsy Niederer, (she's amazing) was a lot harder than I thought. I also made the fimo plate. The doily, I pieced together using some plastic shelf trim, then glued it onto tulle fabric and embroidered the silk ribbon roses. And making these tiny quilted oven mitts was a piece of cake compared to that piece of cake.
The whole process took longer than a real cake! I'm hoping to make a new birthday card with these props.
My first attempt at a watermelon cane. Did I mention, hard! Remy also loves watermelon, by the way. I better get practising.
Bye for now.