November 11, 2016

THE NUTCRACKER


Here's a snippet of a new display I designed for the market at Krause Berry Farms. It's my rendition of The Nutcracker and my two coworkers helped me build it. I would never have thought of putting lights under her skirt, thank you Anne! And thank you Maureen for all your gentle care and input, mechanical and otherwise! Couldn't have done it without you. 

This delightful ballerina dress was worn by Emily A. who works in the winery, when she danced in a recital as a mere wisp of a girl some years ago. She must have been a sight to behold. 
I got lucky with the sun streaming in through the window, which doesn't hurt either.
I bought myself a gorgeous 50mm f/1.4 lens and it's a little different from the one that came with my camera. This one's a prime lens and the other wasn't. It's taking some getting used to but I love it, and it's making my photography learning process very enticing.   

For this shoot I'm claiming artistic license.
All these photos have been lightened somewhat during editing, but I feel like the tones are the same so combining two displays for this post seemed okay. The candles actually belong in the honey display across the aisle from The Nutcracker. 
Cotton ball garlands for your holiday entertaining.
Squatty candles. Much prettiness happening here with their little bee shapes.
Three little nutcracker soldiers standing at attention. Totally says Christmas!
Silver and gold, 
Silver and gold.
      Ev'ryone wishes for 
Silver and gold. 
Pillar candles. They smell amazing. I find myself doing a lot of dusting in this area, lately. 
Meant to Bee fun!
I just adore the Christmas tree candles, but I don't think I'd have the heart to light them, if they were mine.
Peace on Earth.