October 25, 2010

Blast off

Welp, as my sister would say, here goes nothin'. I'm new, to blogging, to sharing myself, to being seen. It's scary business being out in the world after hiding for most of my adult life but a lot has happened in the last 6 months. I've just completed a self employment business course put on by Working Beyond, Targeted Initiative for Older Workers. And now I'm ready to soar, or so they tell me. Though somehow I don't think it's going to be as dramatic as a Wright Brothers flight, what with all the kinks in the road, like learning to write a blog, build a website, join LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, whatever the heck that is. I spent half the day yesterday trying to upload a picture with link attached, never mind trying to figure out what a widget is. For some reason I've got it my head it might have something to do with a roundtoit--I must ask Richard, I know he mentioned it in class once, but I wasn't paying attention. So if anybody's out there, my little business is called Rare Rabbits Designs. I make knitted rabbits and greeting cards and here's where I'll be posting my progress along the way. Now if I can just figure out how to link this to my web page, I'm laughin'.