May 27, 2011

New Beginnings

It's been a while since I've written anything on my blog. I thought I'd take a break from the computer for a while to try and get myself organized. I'm still setting up my studio, such a huge job and I'm not done yet! Oy! 
We're down to 3 weeks now, before my husband retires and it's getting very exciting. Finally, we'll be able to work on the house and garden full time. I've also been making a new website and blog. Hard! Between submitting my YA novel, knitting bunnies and creating some greeting card illustrations it'll probably take me all summer before my website and blog are finished. I've decided not to fret about it, but take my time. After all, they say it's the journey not the destination that counts. 
David I were having coffee on the deck this morning when a robin started making a big racket from our dogwood tree.
You can see the dogwood there, off in the distance.
 Here's bit of a close-up. Kind of a cloudy day and as you can see, my pictures aren't the greatest. When I looked down over the railing I realized what all the fuss was about. 
Hidden amongst the wisteria blooms was the most precious little nest I've ever seen. I hope I haven't scared mama away. I think we shouldn't use the back porch til the babies are hatched, but David says we can't live our lives around a robin. Boo. We can't?  I hope she returns, I'd love to be part of that genesis; good excuse to get my grandsons over here to see it. 
Too cute.
View from the ground. The nest is right near the red arrow and in line with my table. 
 Another section of the yard, looks pretty even when it's a mess. I've neglected my poor garden for about three years, now. The first year I was writing my YA novel. The second, I broke my foot. And third, last year, I was in school trying to learn how to start my little business. Now that's finally over, I'm sure the garden will be beautiful again in no time. A perfect place for David and I to start the next chapter of our lives together. Here's to new beginnings, simple pleasures and lovely weekends. This I wish for you.  
"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."
— A.A. Milne