July 4, 2012

Poppy's Bedroom

 I've been working on a little room for a photo shoot. I sewed the bedding and painted all the furniture. There's still some things I want to add but I figured this was pretty good for now. I'm taking way too long at this. The walls are fabric taped to two, 16x20" stretched canvases I had in my cupboard. The floor is my favourite, it's a bamboo place mat.
A cozy bed with lots of pillows. I scanned a picture of Peter Rabbit onto photo paper and made the frame out of mat board. My husband made the bed from clothes pins and foam core. The head and foot board I added using mat board. 
 The lampshade was made with card stock covered in the wall fabric and the doily is two pieces of lace sewn together. The lamp base is made from wire, beads and jewelery end caps. The little bureau gave me such trouble and it's not even finished yet. I still have to sand it an Mog Podge it.  It was a little reddish stained piece from the dollar store and the stain kept bleeding through no matter what I tried. There must be 10 coats of paint on that thing. 
I made the little book the same way as the picture by scanning my flower fairies book onto photo paper. The ottoman was made from a toilet paper roll, a tiny button and some fluff. There's a little more to it than that but I forgot to take pictures of my process. 
The flowers on the furniture are roses from one of those free printables sites that I scanned and glued on, then Mog-Podged over the whole thing. I've never used the stuff before, but I sure like it. 
It was fun to sit little Poppy on the bed and make her look so sweet. Now I just have to take some back views of her so I can list her for sale in my Etsy shop.