October 2, 2011

Tale of the Black Mamba

It's been a long time since I've been here, I feel a little guilty about that, 
but whatever.
Anyway, here's the rough copy for the cover of my YA novel, Tale of the Black Mamba. It takes place  in 1901 at the World's Fair in Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls, a kid's adventure story. That's clouds and the Falls in the background and he has a snake braid too, in case you were wondering. He's very evil, my Dr. Wu. There's still some detail to add but it's basically done. 

I thought my photograph was too boring. It's there on the sidebar in purple if you're interested. I was in such a hurry to publish I thought I could get away with using a photo but I'm glad now I drew my own, it'll just take longer to get out there. Probably won't be ready for Christmas sales but I know I'll get into the Spring Catalogue for sure. I now have my ISBN numbers for the paperback and ebook and the CIP number to get into the library. Yay!

The next step totally freaks me out, the really hard part, transferring it onto good paper and painting. So stressful! I think it'll look pretty good once I get the colour on, though. It always surprises me how much different it ends up looking.  
 Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!