August 4, 2012

I Knew You Were Coming So I Baked a Cake!

Just finished a new bunny named Remy Rabbit with her watermelon inspired dress who loves cake, and it doesn't have to be carrot.
Learning to make this darling fimo dessert from a tutorial by miniature food artist, Betsy Niederer, (she's amazing) was a lot harder than I thought. I also made the fimo plate. The doily, I pieced  together using some plastic shelf trim, then glued it onto tulle fabric and embroidered the silk ribbon roses. And making these tiny quilted oven mitts was a piece of cake compared to that piece of cake. 
The whole process took longer than a real cake! I'm hoping to make a new birthday card with these props. 
 My first attempt at a watermelon cane. Did I mention, hard! Remy also loves watermelon, by the way. I better get practising. 
Bye for now.