November 27, 2012

Thank You, Lovely Prayer Ladies!

 The other day while standing in the yarn department at Michaels a lovely woman came up to me and asked if my name was, she named them, I said no it wasn't. She kept talking and told me about something her and her friends do. Sort of like a treasure hunt she said, where they pick someone somewhere and ask if there's anything they need or want and could they pray for them. She asked if she could pray for me and was there anything special she could pray for?
 I thought about it and said, a job. She thought that was a wonderful thing to pray about. So looking into my eyes, she prayed the sweetest prayer. Nearly brought me to tears. We talked some more and had a lovely exchange. I thanked her and she thanked me for being so open about it and that she'd tell the others. We said goodbye and she was gone.  
 The feeling and whole experience was so uplifting, it's stayed with me for days. The funny thing is, just that morning I was asking the universe for help, asking what to do next because I didn't know what it all meant. How I'd spent so much time and effort working on my little business with not a lot of sales, wondering if I'd made a wrong turn. But while I reveled in this new good feeling, I finished my 10 cup tea cozy and took it to the store where it would be put on consignment with the other 2 sizes already there. The owner loved it, loved the colours I'd chosen and bought all three, outright. Cash in my hot little hands, plus ordered more! 
So here is my latest cozy. The only trouble is, this cozy is for a 10 cupper but is being modeled on my six cup teapot. Unfortunately the 10 cuppers were still on back order so I couldn't try it on. I needed to find a 10 cupper somewhere. I went home and phoned a British shop in Chilliwack. She only had an 8 cupper but said to bring my cozy down for a fitting. Suddenly I had the nerve to ask if she sold tea cozies, she said she didn't. "Would you be interested?" I dared.  "I most certainly would," she said. 
All I can say is, somebody up there likes me. 

Thank you so much, lovely prayer ladies.