April 8, 2014

Lilla Rogers MATS A-Week 1 Assignment

 Well, I'm taking Lilla Rogers course, Make Art That Sells and our assignment for the first week of class was bolt fabric with the theme of Tropical Fruit and Vintage Casserole Dishes. Above is my submission presented as a repeat. 
My version before the repeat and below are my coordinating fabrics. I wish I had been able to spend more time on this project but my day job made things really tight. That and the fact that I don't know Illustrator or Photoshop very well and as a result, spent a lot of time in 
pulling-my-hair-out mode. But I like it, my husband likes it, and my daughter likes it so much she wants a hunk. So here comes my first fabric design printed at Spoonflower.  My daughter suggested Camper curtains. Totally cute idea! 
I have to say before I go, I was very happy and proud to have finished and submitted something. It was a pretty big deal for me considering the level of talent in this class scares the socks off me. Talk about fantastic. Oy!
Not crazy about the flying saucers here, as my husband calls them. Think I'll make a better coordinate using the white-centered mango. 
Well, onward and upward. Bring it on Week 2. This time round I'm going to get real pushy with myself.