April 20, 2014

Lilla Rogers MATS A Week 3 Assignment

Well I'm at the end of week 3 with Lilla Rogers, Make Art That Sells course and I have to say although it was hard, it was also my very favourite one. The assignment was Children's books and the topic was an Aesop's fable, The Fox and the Crow.

It was pretty hectic since I only had 3 days to do it in and I chose to use acrylic paint on canvas. I was probably crazy to put that much pressure on myself but I couldn't see it any other way. I wanted bright and vibrant. I don't think I could have gotten the same effect with water colour never mind the fact that I don't have the skill to pull it off.  I didn't think I could make it happen digitally either, too much thinkin' involved. I do know from the only other acrylic painting I've ever done last summer that you can fix a mistake waaay easy.
So I flew home from work for the last 3 days and painted like a fiend. And hardly slept, I was painting in my head all night. Good thing, too, cause I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Works out pretty well when you don't have time to think. No time to dilly dally, just put the bleepin' paint on the canvas, girl!