May 4, 2014

Lilla Rogers MATS A Week 5 Assignment

 Well, I've come to the end of the first half of Make Art That Sells. And for our final assignment in MATS Part A we designed zipper pouches. This painting is 9.5 x 7 inch ink and acrylic on canvas. I've learned so much in this course and one of the things that surprised me is that I love acrylic painting.  And here I decided to play around with that again. Another thing I discovered is I really like painting loose and fast with not much of a plan. Every time I think I've wrecked it, I throw more colour on and it seems to save itself. With this one, I painted all the elements first before I painted the background. Then I  rolled a layer of yellow over the whole thing and had a mini heart attack. Next I added blues, greens and repainted everything and inked it. I like what happened. I submitted it with seconds to spare. Whew!
  This course was quite intense and most of the time I found it very hard to make the deadlines especially this last week because I had quit my day job and started another. All on the same day! It was crazy. I'm very proud of myself that I managed to submit on time, though. So now with this new job I'm pretty sure I'll have a bit more time to devote to my artwork and the second half of the course which starts in October. I can hardly wait. But in the meantime I'll stay occupied with Lilla's Bootcamp course which is a gentler version of MATS--slower paced with more time to work on assignments. 
 And here's my final mock up of a small zippered bag.