June 2, 2014

Zen Garden

 Still thinking about meditating from the BootCamp assignment, so I made myself a Zen Garden. Actually my husband did most of the heavy stuff but I created the outside part. Off to the side, you can see the garden fork I use to make designs with. I thought it would be fun when people come over. They can make their own sand design. 

The shape is a big fiberglass circle that's been kicking around the yard for 25 years and I have no idea what it was for. It was here when we moved in. We finally found a use for it. I bought the bamboo edging at the dollar store, pounded the pointy ends into the ground and laid some landscape fabric inside. Then I layered the bottom with stones for drainage and packed it with little rock garden plants. 
Totally cute!
That's a miniature clay pot in his lap with some moss and a tiny Japanese Maple seedling, we have a million of them under the trees every year. 
Ommm...