April 4, 2011

Hooray for Floor Day!



Well, it's here, Floor Day! Or should I say days. My husband was on holidays last week and we finally got to the most crucial part of my new studio, the floor. I was in charge of keeping him company and the channel changer. But I didn't just do that, I also finished up my little Robin Hood rabbit and we enjoyed some great old movies while he worked. Yesterday it was, Some Came Running, starring Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Shirley MacLaine.  


David chose some lovely cork underlay so I wouldn't have to start my day on icy cold concrete. We were contemplating just painting it, but I'm so glad we were able to find such a good deal on this laminate flooring. 


  Almost ready for the baseboards! He thinks I'll be moving in by next weekend. Yippee!


Here's my sweet David hard at work in front of the beautiful south facing window he installed. It's huge, 4'X5'. The used building supply store has nice white blinds that will work perfectly. This is where he's at his happiest, renovating and gardening. It was so pleasant having him home. He'll be retiring in about 7 weeks after 35 long years working in a big bakery plant, and we're counting down the days. 


We stopped for a snack of strawberries and I used a small square of floor and the only sun patch I'd seen in a week for my background. 


Pretty flowers on the new window ledge. This summer, the garden outside will be filled with hostas, impatiens and butterflies.  


I can hardly wait to get in there and start working. No more digging through boxes for what I need. It'll be so great to have supplies at my fingertips. These beautiful tulips really make me crazy to splash around with my water colour paints. Every night before bed, I go down and drool over my emerging studio. I'm so anxious I can hardly stand it.