So it's been awhile since I posted my painting and I think I'm almost finished. This first picture is from a week ago. It's been very difficult trying to understand this paint. To see my process you'll have to scroll waaay down to part 1 from weeks ago.
Nothing turned out the way I expected.
Though once I started adding colour I felt a little more comfortable.
On this particular morning as I was getting up my nerve to paint I saw that
some of the leaves near the bottom of the branch were all screwy. Everything was going in the wrong direction. Oh no! Hey, wait a minute. This is my practice canvas, I'll paint them out in white. See what happens. A little scary but not too bad.
Then I took my pencil drawing outside to my plant, drew some new leaves that I was
happy with and transferred them onto my canvas
And after a million layers of paint and glazes, I finally made some headway. Fortunately, I was able to spend a whole week and at least 8 hours a day by myself, painting, because my husband was away. I'm not quite finished yet, I still need to detail the edges of the leaves and fix the main flower.
But overall I feel better about it, not overly confident, but better.
Though now I'm kinda sick of Fuchsias and I still have the real painting to do, the brainstorm that started this whole thing.